Explore the nature of the mountains
On your arrival at Delhi international airport, welcome by our representative & drive to Shimla.
- DAY 01 / ARRIVAL DELHI DELHI – SHIMLA
- On your arrival at Delhi international airport, welcome by our representative & drive to Shimla. Upon arrival Shimla transfer to your hotel. Day free for leisure.
SHIMLA is a beautiful hill town in the lap of nature, surrounded by pine and deodar forests. It is situated in the north-west Himalayas and is the capital of the state of Himachal Pradesh in North India. It is an 18 sq km mountainous region lying at an altitude of 2213 meters. British coined the term “Queen of the Hills” for Shimla. It has been blessed with all the natural bounties, besides being the ultimate summer retreat it remains an ideal spot for adventure sports.
Dinner and overnight stay will be at hotel
- DAY 02 / SHIMLA SIGHTSEEING
- Morning leave for an excursion to the little hamlet of KUFRI, the center for winter sports and long famous for its Ski slopes. The ice-skating rink is the only one of its kind in this part of the world. Astride a mountain saddle kufri presents some breath-taking scenery. Deep valleys and forests rise to meet the lofty snow capped Himalayas. The scenery is breath-taking, afternoon you can take a stroll on the famous MALL ROAD, the nerve center of the town, a place to watch the people and gossip. The shops along and around the mall are worth exploring.
Dinner & Overnight at the hotel
- DAY 03 / SHIMLA – MANALI VIA MANIKARAN
- After breakfast drive to Manali. En – route visit MANIKARAN– Famous for Gurudwara and Ram mandir. After Manikaran visit straight drive to Manali.
MANALI is situated near the end of the valley on the National Highway leading to Leh. The landscape here is breath taking. One sees well-defined snow capped peaks, the Beas river with its clear water meanders through the town. On the other side are deodar and pine trees, tiny fields and fruit orchards. It is an excellent place for a holiday, a favorite resort for trekkers to Lahaul, Spiti, Bara Bhangal (Kangra), and Zanskar ranges. From temples to antiquity, to picturesque sight-seeing spots and adventure activities, Manali is a popular resort for all seasons and for all travellers.
Upon arrival Manali transfer to your hotel. Day free for leisure. Diner and overnight stay will be at your hotel.
- DAY 04 / MANALI – RONTANGPASS
- After breakfast proceed for the day excursion to Rohtang Pass.
ROHTANG PASS: Rohtang pass is 52kms. from Manali on highway to Keylong/Leh. It offers a panorama and spectacular Mountain View. The pass is open from June to October each year although trekkers can cross it earlier. It is a gateway to Lahaul Spiti, Pangi and Leh valley just as Zojila pass is a gatway to Ladakh. There is a beautiful sight of glaciers, peaks and Chandra River flows down in the Lahaul valley. Slightly to the left are the twin peaks of the Geypan. During summer (mid June to October) regular buses ply between Manali-Keylong/Darcha, Udaipur, Spiti and Leh.
Later return to hotel. Day free for leisure. Dinner and overnight stay will be at hotel.
- DAY 05 / MANALI – KULLU
- After breakfast proceed for the sightseeing of Manali visiting Hadimba devi , Tibetan Monesteries, Manu Temple, Vashist Hot Water Springs & Temples, The Mall & The Ridge.
HADIMBA TEMPLE: Manali has many attractions but the chief centre of interest, historically and archeologically, is undoubtedly the DHOONGRI TEMPLE dedicated to goddess Hadimba, the Bhim of Mahabharat fame. It has four-tiered Pagoda shaped roof and the doorway is carved with legendary figures and symbols. This temple located amidst wooden forest of deodar is about 2.5 kms. from the tourist office. It is a pleasant experience to stroll in the temple complex which was built in 1533 A.D. A large festival is held here in May. MANU TEMPLE: 3 kms. From the main bazar in old Manali lies the temple of MANU RISHI. It is believed that this is the only temple of Manu in India, who was the creator of human race on the earth.
VASHIST HOT WATER SPRINGS AND TEMPLE: Vashist, a small village located on the left bank of river Beas towards Rohtang pass is worth a visit. It is renowned for its hot springs and temples. Nearby is the pyramidal stone temple dedicated to Vashist Muni. There is another Temple of Lord Ram here. Natural hot sulphur springs with two separate bathing tanks for gents and ladies are always full of tourists. Turkish style showers fitted baths have also been built nearby. Hot water from the nearby spring is provided for bathing.
After Manali sightseeing drive to Kullu. Upon arrival Kullu transfer to your hotel. Dinner & Overnight stay will be at Kullu.
- DAY 06 / KULLU SIGHTSEEING
- Morning after breakfast proceeds to visit Bijli Mahadev Temple & Jagan Nath Temple.
BIJLI MAHADEV TEMPLE: This is one of the most striking temples in Kullu, where 20 metre tall image is supposed to attract special blessings from the skies in the shape of lightning. From the temple a panoramic view of Kulu and Paravati valleys can be seen. A 60 feet high staff of Bijli Mahadev temple glistens like a silver needle in the sun. in this temple of lightening it is said, the tall staff attracts the divine blessings in the form of lightening. The rest of the story can be heard from the priest, which is un-believable but true.
JAGAN NATH TEMPLE: A stiff climb leads one to the shrine from where one gets a panoramic view of Kullu town.
Later return to hotel. Day free for Shopping. Dinner and overnight stay will be at Kullu.
- DAY 07 / KULLU – CHANDIGARH CHANDIGARH DEPARTURE
- After breakfast check out from the hotel and drive to Chandigarh.
Upon arrival Chandigarh transfers you to Chandigarh airport/ railway station to connect/board your flight/ train for onward destination with the Sweet Memories of India Tour on behalf of OUR TEAM!!!