Taj Mahal with queen of hill tours
On your arrival at Delhi international airport, welcome by our representative
TAJ MAHAL WITH QUEEN OF HILLS TOUR
- DAY 01: / ARRIVAL DELHI BY FLIGHT: OWN
- On your arrival at Delhi international airport, welcome by our representative & you will be transferred to Hotel. Check in at hotel. Relax at hotel.
New Delhi, the capital and the third largest city of India is a fusion of the ancient and the modern. Standing along the West End of Genetic Plain, the capital city, Delhi, unwinds a picture rich with culture, architecture and human diversity, deep in history, monuments, museums, galleries, gardens and exotic shows. Comprising of two contrasting yet harmonious parts, the Old Delhi and New Delhi, the city is a travel hub of Northern India.
Later proceeds for the sightseeing tour of Delhi covering Humayun’s Tomb; this red sand stone structure is considered to be the predecessor of Taj Mahal. Drives pass President House, Parliament House and India Gate & Red Fort. Later return to Hotel.
Overnight stay in Delhi.
- DAY 02: / DELHI – AGRA- BY ROAD: 203 KMS / 04 HRS DRIVE AGRA – DELHI - BY ROAD: 203 KMS / 04 HRS DRIVE
- Morning after early breakfast straight drive to Agra. Upon arrival Agra proceed for the sightseeing of Agra visiting Taj Mahal & Red Fort.
Agra has found its mention in the famous Hindu epic Mahabharat as the forest of Agraban close to Mathura. Badal Singh founded the city in 1475. Sikandar Lodhi made Agra his capital city. Later, Babur defeated the Lodhis to capture the city situated on the banks of River Yamuna and thus, the long association of Mughals with Agra started. The Mughal love of architecture translated into beautiful monuments such as Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Fatehpur Sikri and Sikandra. The glory of Agra was at its peak during the reign of Akbar, Jehangir and Shah Jahan. Akbar made it the center of art, culture, commerce and learning and Shah Jahan saw it in full bloom. In fact, it is said that it was Akbar who laid the foundation of the modern city that we see now in 1558 and was known as Akbarabad. Most of the buildings belong to the period between mid-16th century and 17th century and were of high quality. These monuments were built in the contemporary Mughal style. Mughlai cuisine and the skilled craftsmen can still be seen in the narrow lanes of the city as a reminiscent of the lost times.
Taj Mahal, blushing in the rosy glow of dawn. Taj Mahal renowned for its spectacular architecture, seven wonders of the world and built by Shah Jahan for his lady love Queen Mumtaz Mahal in 1632.
Later set out for a sightseeing tour of Agra Fort, Built by the great Emperor Akbar in 1565 A.D, is a master piece of design with beautiful mosques and palaces.
After sightseeing of Agra drive back to Delhi.
Overnight stay will be at Delhi Hotel.
- DAY 03: / DELHI – SHIMLA
- Morning after breakfast drive to Shimla. Upon arrival Shimla transfer to your hotel. Day free for own.
Shimla is a beautiful hill town in the lap of nature, surrounded by pine and deodar forests. It is situated in the north-west Himalayas and is the capital of the state of Himachal Pradesh in North India. It is a 18 sq km mountainous region lying at an altitude of 2213 meters. British coined the term “Queen of the Hills” for Shimla. It has been blessed with all the natural bounties, besides being the ultimate summer retreat it remains an ideal spot for adventure sports.
Dinner and overnight stay will be at hotel.
- DAY 04: / SHIMLA - BY ROAD: LOCAL RUNNING
- Morning leave for an excursion to the little hamlet of kufri, the center for winter sports and long famous for its Ski slopes. The ice-skating rink is the only one of its kind in this part of the world. Astride a mountain saddle kufri presents some breath-taking scenery. Deep valleys and forests rise to meet the lofty snow capped Himalayas. The scenery is breath-taking, afternoon you can take a stroll on the famous mall road, the nerve center of the town, a place to watch the people and gossip. The shops along and around the mall are worth exploring.
Dinner & Overnight at the hotel.
- DAY 05: / SHIMLA – MANAL - VIA MANIKARAN - BY ROAD: 262 KMS / 07 HRS DRIVE
- After breakfast drive to Manali. En – route visit Manikaran – Famous for Gurudwara and Ram mandir. After Manikaran visit straight drive to Manali.
Manali is situated near the end of the valley on the National Highway leading to Leh. The landscape here is breath taking. One sees well-defined snow capped peaks, the Beas river with its clear water meanders through the town. On the other side are deodar and pine trees, tiny fields and fruit orchards. It is an excellent place for a holiday, a favorite resort for trekkers to Lahaul, Spiti, Bara Bhangal (Kangra), and Zanskar ranges. From temples to antiquity, to picturesque sight-seeing spots and adventure activities, Manali is a popular resort for all seasons and for all travellers.
Upon arrival Manali transfer to your hotel. Day free for leisure. Diner and overnight stay will be at your hotel.
- DAY 06: / MANALI SIGHTSEEING BY ROAD: LOCAL RUNNING
- After breakfast proceed for the sightseeing of Manali visiting Hadimba devi , Tibetan Monesteries, Manu Temple, Vashist Hot Water Springs & Temples, The Mall & The Ridge.
HADIMBA TEMPLE: Manali has many attractions but the chief centre of interest, historically and archeologically, is undoubtedly the DHOONGRI TEMPLE dedicated to goddess Hadimba, the Bhim of Mahabharat fame. It has four-tiered Pagoda shaped roof and the doorway is carved with legendary figures and symbols. This temple located amidst wooden forest of deodar is about 2.5 kms. from the tourist office. It is a pleasant experience to stroll in the temple complex which was built in 1533 A.D. A large festival is held here in May.
TIBETAN MONASTERIES: There are 3 newly constructed colorful monasteries, where visitors can buy carpets and other Tibetan handicrafts. Two are located in the town and one at Aleo on the left bank of Beas River.
MANU TEMPLE: 3 kms. from the main bazar in old Manali lies the temple of MANU RISHI. It is believed that this is the only temple of Manu in India, who was the creator of human race on the earth.
VASHIST HOT WATER SPRINGS AND TEMPLE (3 kms): Vashist, a small village located on the left bank of river Beas towards Rohtang pass is worth a visit. It is renowned for its hot springs and temples. Nearby is the pyramidal stone temple dedicated to Vashist Muni. There is another Temple of Lord Ram here. Natural hot sulphur springs with two separate bathing tanks for gents and ladies are always full of tourists. Turkish style showers fitted baths have also been built nearby. Hot water from the nearby spring is provided for bathing.
After Manali sightseeing returns to hotel.
Dinner and Overnight stay will be at your hotel
- DAY 07: / MANALI – ROHTANG PASS BY ROAD: 52 KMS / 2 HRS DRIVE ROHTANG PASS – MANALI BY ROAD: 52 KMS / 2 HRS DRIVE
- After breakfast proceed for the day excursion to Rohtang Pass.
ROHTANG PASS (3979 m): Rohtang pass is 51kms. from Manali on highway to Keylong/Leh. It offers a panorama and spectacular Mountain View. The pass is open from June to October each year although trekkers can cross it earlier. It is a gateway to Lahaul Spiti, Pangi and Leh valley just as Zojila pass is a gatway to Ladakh. There is a beautiful sight of glaciers, peaks and Chandra River flows down in the Lahaul valley. Slightly to the left are the twin peaks of the Geypan. During summer (mid June to October) regular buses ply between Manali-Keylong/Darcha, Udaipur, Spiti and Leh.
Later return to hotel. Day free for leisure.
Dinner and overnight stay will be at hotel.
- DAY 08: / MANALI – CHANDIGARH VIA KULLU - BY ROAD: 314 KMS / 08 HRS DRIVE
- After breakfast drive to Chandigarh. En-route visit Kullu.
The most charming and beautiful Kullu valley spreads out its charm on either side of river Beas. The valley runs north to south of this river and is 80km long and about 2km at its broadest. Yet with awe inspiring glens and mossy meadows encircled by the rushing streams and meandering brooks, flung east & west, a fairly wide area is open to the tourists, the trekkers, the mountaineers, the artists and to anyone who wishes to escape the heat & dust of the plains to breathe the exhilarating air of the Himalaya and enjoy the spectacle of the variegated mountain scenery. The valley is also famous for its exquisitely woven colourful hand made shawls and kullu caps.
After kullu sightseeing straight drive to Chandigarh. Upon arrival Chandigarh transfers to your hotel.
Overnight stay will be at your hotel.
- DAY 09: / CHANDIGARH SIGHTSEEING - BY ROAD: LOCAL RUNNING
- After breakfast proceed for the sightseeing of Chandigarh visiting Rock Garden, Capitol Complex & Sukhna Lake.
Chandigarh rock garden is an epitome of creativity and innovation. It is a unique garden that consists of various art objects. But the best part about the rock garden is that each of its artwork has been made by using industrial & urban waste. It is located in Sector 1 between the Capitol Complex and Sukhna Lake. The credit for laying its foundation goes to Nek Chand, who was the then Road Inspector in the Engineering Department of Chandigarh Capital Project.
Chandigarh capitol complex houses the seat of Government. Initially, it served as the seat only for the Govt of Punjab, but now it has the headquarters of both, the Govt of Punjab and Haryana. The credit for the awesome designing of the Capitol complex goes to Le Corbusier. Located in Sector 1, capitol complex in Chandigarh, India consists of three main edifices, namely, the Secretariat, the Legislative Assembly and the High Court. There was a plan to build a fourth building also, which is going to be the Raj Bhavan, as in the Governor's Palace or a Museum of Knowledge. However, till yet, it has not come into existence. The three buildings of the Capitol complex stand majestically representing themselves as the temples of democracy of free India.
Sukhna Lake is a beautiful lake that lies in the foothills of Shivalik range. The unique thing about Sukhna is that it is a manmade lake. It is a 3 km long lake that was created in the year 1958. It was done by damming the Sukhna Choe, which a seasonal stream is flowing down from the Shivalik hills. Sukhana Lake of Chandigarh, India has become an integral part of the city
After Chandigarh sightseeing returns to hotel. Overnight stay will be at hotel.
- DAY 10: / CHANDIGARH DEPARTURE - BY FLIGHT: OWN
- After breakfast transfer you to Chandigarh or Delhi airport to connect your flight for onward destination with the Sweet Memories of India Tour on behalf of OUR TEAM!!!